I’m honoured that The Liebster Award has been passed on to me by Rihanna from fanatical happiness.Thank you so much! As a new blogger, this was quite an exciting thing so I shall try to do this nomination justice.
Apparently this is quite a mysterious award as no one has concretely claimed to have created it. Also, Liebster means ‘dearest’ and here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it.
3. Answer questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (This one is a bit unclear as some rules state differing amounts of followers.)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
So here are the questions from Rihanna:
What made you start a blog?
Well frustration coupled with an enjoyment for writing. Frustration because of the way student’s views are being ignored in the media and their needs side lined so I had all these thoughts in my mind that I needed to articulate. Since I was young, I have always enjoyed writing so creating a blog seemed like a great idea to go about it.
What makes you happy?
Hot weather. Relaxing on my bed free from all financial worries (haven’t experienced this yet!) Meeting friends and family, a good book or a good movie.
What’s your proudest moment in life so far?
Not sure really but if I was to pick it would be getting my exam results and getting an article published in a national newspaper.
Which 5 people would you invite to a dinner party (living or dead)?
My grandparents, my greatest friend, Michael McIntyre and Malcolm X.
If you could have anyone write a guest blog for your site, who would it be?
Rather than picking some famous person just so that their reputation would increase my blog’s traffic, I am going to pick deepbluesandseafoamgreens who is a fellow blogger and extremely entertaining. Yes yes don’t worry I read your post on how tiring nominations can be so I am not going to force you into accepting my nomination as did you know refusing one is deemed a terrible blogging crime? So I have saved you deep blue!
If you were a biscuit, what type of biscuit would you be?
A Viennese Whirl obviously!
Summarise your blog in 5 words.
Student’s worries with life’s dramas.
So now time to provide some facts about myself:
- I love reading but have never read a book from cover to cover twice
- Nor have I ever watched a movie twice
- As you can now tell, I don’t like being told or doing things twice
- I will be going to University this year, hopefully
- I love cycling but need to buy a new bike as my current one is five years old. (I feel like Alex Rider, except my bike is obviously not as cool.)
- I am an English tutor
- When i was in year 8, I fractured my arm while riding my bike but got up and rode home.
- I would like to write my own book one day
- I enjoy football but college has made me lazy. Cricket is a no-go and taking part in Formula 1 racing is my dream. (an unrealistic one but a dream nonetheless.)
So now my nominations:
Dixie Mix – Not sure how many followers you have but I enjoy your blog!
A Reflective Student – No, this is not my alternative, more philosophical personality but as the Reflective Student pointed out, our blogs are quite similar so hello!
Everyone’s Gotta Grub – Just read this blog’s name. Need I say more?
Your Writing Lady – A cool writer!
Just Some Dish – Featured on Freshly Pressed but that is not what made me nominate Just Some Dish. It is a witty, entertaining and interesting blog. Especially the dog stories!
Yeahhslim – A fun blog to read!
Tisfortea – Another great blog!
So here are my questions to the blogosphere celebrities:
If you had to get rid of every piece of electrical equipment except one, what would it be?
If someone gave you the power to save just one animal species on earth, which would it be?
What is the most amazing vacation that you can imagine?
One wish, what is it?
What do you mainly use to surf WordPress, phone, laptop or desktop?
Would you rather live at the bottom of the sea or on the moon?
What item of clothing do you currently just wish to buy, even if it is far too expensive?
What has been the happiest moment of your life?
So there we go, spread the Liebster!
Until next time,
A Worried Student