A few observations on recent events
- What happened to balances and checks on power?
- What happened to the fact the President of the US was bound by democracy and why does his first week have more of a sense of dictatorship?
- The ban does not serve any practical safety purpose other than to appease Trump supporters and increase Anti-American sentiments.
- Trump is like the worst school teacher, the one that keeps the whole class behind just because two students were messing around
- How far can Governors protest against this and to what extent will they be willing to do so? Can they flat out refuse to comply?
- How can a country the size of America be angry about a yearly intake of 112,000 refugees?
- Can legal challenges overturn executive orders?
- Should people avoid travelling as tourists to America, as a means of protest?
So many questions, it can be difficult for people to keep their head up in times like these. It remains to be seen what the peole of America do about this. Protests, legal challenges, boycotts, everything will have its place. This reminds me of the hours I spent studying the civil rights movement in America. You would think that after such a movement, a ban like this would be impossible to enforce. I sure hope that’s the case.
A Very Worried Student